Introducing New Kid’s Class
What – Introduction to sewing
- When – First two Mondays in September
- Where – Minka Place, Ripley, Qld 4306
- Date – 5th and 12th September 2022
- Time – 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Cost – $60 for both days
- Age – 9+ years
Has your child shown an interest in sewing and wanting to make their own clothes but you have no idea where to start or how to use a sewing machine? This introduction to sewing will run on the first two weeks of September and is an introduction to the world of sewing. After the school holidays, the afterschool weekly class will commence, which will run on Monday afternoons from the 3rd October onwards. The introduction to sewing class has been created to see if your child will enjoy the lessons and give them a taste of what is to come.
What is involved in the intro class?
Over the two intro classes, we will cover the following:
- How to thread your machine
- How to wind the bobbin
- How to change a needle
- Some basic commercial pattern terms
- Which kind of needle to use?
- How to change your needle
- Adjusting your machine settings
- Different types of fabric and uses (knitted, woven)
- How fabric is spun (weft and warp, grain lines, bias)
- Working with different types of fabric
What will I need to bring with me?
Just yourself, your machine, 100mtr Guterman thread (any colour) and one packet of universal multi-size needles. All other supplies will be provided.
Please contact Amber if you require a sewing machine for the classes.
How do I sign up?
Full payment is due at registration to secure your spot!